I and Anush love chocolate and cakes of course. I wanted to try this chocolate lava cake for a long time. So today is the day, I had lot of time as Shoj was not coming home for lunch and I planned to prepare small meal for Anush with a cake dessert. So I made this lava cake with semi sweet chocolate and dark chocolate in between which was perfect and Anush loved it so much and he could not wait until it was done. Today he ate cake for his lunch. :-)
1 stick/ 1/4 lb + 1tsp Butter
1/4 lb Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
4 Chocolate 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F or if using a toaster oven need not preheat it.
2. In a microwave safe bowl add butter and semi sweet chocolate chips and microwave it for about 20 secs, remove and stir it, again microwave it for 20 secs and stir it until the chocolate melts.
4. Make sure the chocolate butter is not too hot to add to the eggs, else it will cook the eggs. Add it slowly and keep whisking while adding.
5. Grease the ramekins with butter and pour the batter about 2/3 in each ramekin.
6. Insert one piece in middle of each of the ramekins and bake it for about 20-25 mins. when a tooth pick is inserted the middle will be wet that is ok and it's because of the chocolate.
7. serve this warm and enjoy the chocolate oozing out from the middle.
This recipe was adapted from Food Network.
Sending this to the Event: "Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday" hosted by Priya
You Might Also Like: